Tuesday, July 7, 2009

All-American Baby Girl

















The 4th of July is always one of my favorite holidays! I absolutely love being with family and friends on this day! We celebrated this year just as we always do. We were in a parade that my parents' neighborhood hosts that morning. Jon, my dad, and I decorated my grandfather's trailer the night before and Mary-Evelyn's cousins (Caroline, Parker, Liza Kate, Evan, and Emma) along with Emma Carroll and Thomas Jefcoat road on the float! Aren't they adorable - a float full of babies!! We had lunch in my parents' yard then went home to rest for a little while. After ME woke up from her nap, we headed to Jon's parents' house for swimming, wiffle ball, and grilling! I ate way too much homemade ice cream, but that's just a once-a-year event, so it's okay! We were all exhausted by 8:00, when we were supposed to go to our church to watch the fireworks display that Ballard Park does. ME fell asleep on our way there, so we decided to just go on home and let her get her sleep in her bed. This will be the first year in a long time that we have missed the fireworks, but they say with kids come lots of firsts!! We were able to look out our bathroon window at home and see some of the fireworks, so that was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment